View Single Post
Old 10th August 2007   #6 (permalink)
John Clare
(John)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

I've very pleased by this. I know it will make life difficult for many honest keepers for a while, and I sympathise. However there are several British individuals who engage in illegal collection. I have corresponded with one that used to travel to France and Spain to collect animals for sale back in the UK (get the ferry on a Friday and drive back on Sunday). They would take "orders" before going that weekend. I very much want to name him but I personally have no proof (and stupidly never kept the relevant correspondance in which this person was bending over backwards to get me to "order" some Triturus marmoratus from him, and then explained exactly what he would do to fill said "order").

I want to express my heartfelt thanks to Caleb Leeke for posting this here - you are a gentleman.