View Single Post
Old 4th December 2008   #4 (permalink)
Kevin Z

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Kevin Z has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Kevin Z has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Kevin Z has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Kevin Z has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Kevin Z has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Kevin Z has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Kevin Z has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Kevin Z has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Kevin Z has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Kevin Z has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Kevin Z has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Default Re: Paper of interest

hey Tim, (thanks for this paper, by the way!). yup, that was surprising about raising the terrestrial eggs underwater. I have seen other species with eggs on the waterline that could go either way, provided sufficient oxygenation of the water (Theloderma, mantellas, some Tylototriton/Echinotriton, hylids, etc.). but woodland salamanders? crazy. I also sent the paper to some Eleutherodactylus guys, some of whom are having trouble with eggs, especially when they remove them. I bet a motivated, technically handy individual such as yourself could make their own automated flow-through egg washers for less than $650...maybe a 'hydroponic'-like system with ebbing and flowing water...
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by taherman View Post
I'd have to say most surprising to me is the bit at the end, where they successfully raised eggs from Plethodon underwater...
Kevin Z is offline   Reply With Quote