View Single Post
Old 6th March 2009   #7 (permalink)
Eva
(blueberlin)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 3
Rep: blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11
Default Re: Caudata.org Grant Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Scientific grants do not work in that fashion. In order to receive a grant from a scientific funding organisation, lots of detail must be provided so that the organisation can make an informed decision knowing that their money will be targeted at a specific issue or area. For small grants like ours, this system is perhaps even more essential to insure that our money has the most effect. I hope this makes sense to you.
Sure, that makes sense. I misunderstood Amphibian Ark - I didn't realize that they were a scientific organisation. I sort of lumped them in with charities in general. "My bad".

I'm still a bit overwhelmed at trying to decide which project would be the most broadly beneficial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Looking at the way the voting is going I think we will be taking all grants that receive more than 1 vote (or 2 - can't say until everyone has voted), and put them in a second poll with a smaller number of candidates, and the winner of that poll will receive the grant.
So we will decide on one project? Seems logical as it is just a wee little pot o' gold we have to offer.

-Eva

Albert Einstein