View Single Post
Old 12th December 2009   #20 (permalink)
KevinS

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 1
Rep: KevinS has given consistently good advice and informationKevinS has given consistently good advice and informationKevinS has given consistently good advice and informationKevinS has given consistently good advice and information
Default Re: EVEN more captive plethodontid breedings...

Holy cow, congrats Tim! That's awesome news. I'm assuming the lucifuga eggs are from more than one female since you got so many (one study found an average of 68 eggs from 17 females examined)? I was hoping to try a study on the oviposition of E. longicauda and/or lucifuga this winter, but couldn't get everything in place quick enough to get collecting permits in time. I also have some larvae of each species that were collected for my thesis research and I'd be happy to compare notes on husbandry and time to metamorphosis. I'm extremely interested in the reproduction of cave-associated Eurycea, and have been trying to document this in the wild with somewhat limited success so far. I'd love to talk shop if you'd be interested, but we can do that by email or private messages to avoid cluttering up this thread if you'd like. Also, there have been some recent publications on the oviposition of both E. lucifuga and P. ruber in caves that I can send along to you if you don't already have them.
Click the image to open in full size.
KevinS is offline   Reply With Quote