View Single Post
Old 1st March 2010   #14 (permalink)
Johnny O. Farnen
(SludgeMunkey)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 42
Comments: 9
Rep: SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11SludgeMunkey goes to 11
Default Re: How should Caudata.org be supported?

I vote for advertising on the site, merchandising, AND advertising the site on other sites. In addition, I feel that a venue for donations should also be in place.

I feel the FrogForum formula works very well. While Google Ads can be pretty far off base, there are other alternatives which can be abit more involved for the Admins.

Then again, there is always the option of a membership fee to gain access to advanced topics and the like. I mean, heck, 20 bucks a head for a years worth of what was formerly known as Donor Level Access seems pretty fair to me.

An additional option is to create a species cares sheet database in PDF format and make it available for sale to pet shops and educators for a fair price. ( Facetious Example: The Complete Caudata.org Newt And Salamander Reference Library 39.95 Downloaded, 49.99 CD ROM, Individual Care Sheets 99 cents each downloaded. Discounts for Educators and Non Profits)

But, that is just my slightly crazy two cents worth.
SludgeMunkey is offline   Reply With Quote