View Single Post
Old 1st March 2010   #20 (permalink)
xMIDNIGHTx

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: xMIDNIGHTx is a mainstay of Caudata.orgxMIDNIGHTx is a mainstay of Caudata.orgxMIDNIGHTx is a mainstay of Caudata.orgxMIDNIGHTx is a mainstay of Caudata.orgxMIDNIGHTx is a mainstay of Caudata.orgxMIDNIGHTx is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Re: How should Caudata.org be supported?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrahm View Post
...the only one I want to see is the "pay a membership to not see the ads."
I think this is a great idea (if even possible). And I also like Johnny's idea but maybe a little bit different, a large amount of caudata.org information in a neat, well put together .pdf for a price where none of the info is pulled off the web but is harder to sort through and find.

Maybe similar to places that raise money, giving simple things away at higher prices (again in the name of support) may also bring in the funds. Personally I would paid XXX% for a caudata.org wrist band, car sticker, etc. if it was part of donating. I think that some of this is already in place. The problem is that someone would obviously have to put alot of face time into planning, ordering, and organizing to make this possible.

To comment on the actually thread topic at hand. I have donated and plan to donate in the future. Like most money is tight. I will not object to having ads on the site, I feel if I do not donate substantially (certain quota if you will), I do not get a say. I think that even to give an option to the members is pretty generous as most other larger forums have many ads AND need donations as well. I would like to see a nice placement of the ads but that is about it.

As Johnny eloquently put it, just my two cents.

xMIDNIGHTx is offline   Reply With Quote