View Single Post
Old 28th January 2011   #9 (permalink)
Thomas
(ozarkhellbender)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 3
Rep: ozarkhellbender is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgozarkhellbender is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgozarkhellbender is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgozarkhellbender is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgozarkhellbender is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgozarkhellbender is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Paper of interest

I know I'm getting in here kind of late, but I used to work at a fish hatchery and they used a technique that might prove equally as helpful. They had long acrylic cylinders filled with water and they would run a stream of water up from the bottom of the cylinder. The current would gently roll the eggs to keep them oxygenated and clean. They are pretty easy to make, you could even use a large mason jar. I would think you could use a large, fine air stone in the bottom of the jar to keep the water flowing and keep it well oxygenated. Anyway, thank you posting this paper, I found it very interesting.
ozarkhellbender is offline   Reply With Quote