View Single Post
Old 4th April 2011   #3 (permalink)
mewsie
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 5
Rep: mewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Re: Tank size for 2 adults (well eventually they'd be adults)

Hey!

New tank! How exciting :)

60cm.. probably a bit too small for two adults? I'm trying to picture 60cm in my head...

If funds will allow, I'd say go as big as you can, I can almost guarantee you'll be wanting axolotl #3 at some point!

I have 2 adults in a 3ft3 tank, they will be joined by a third soon. I like to see them swim about (they do like to go on a bit of a dash about sometimes, and ours swim around a lot most evenings) and I'm a sucker for new plants and ornaments, so the more space there is, the more you can sculpt wonderous structures out of rocks and plants and wood!

Once you know what tank you are getting, choosing the filter will be easier. You might even find out your new tank comes bundled with one! Just make sure the flow isn't too strong. My Juwel tank came with quite a powerful filter, but I added a spray bar which disperses the flow across the back of the tank.

Have you seen some tanks you fancy?
mewsie is offline   Reply With Quote