View Single Post
Old 18th November 2011   #18 (permalink)
Ed
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 2
Comments: 1
Rep: Ed has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Ed has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Ed has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Ed has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Ed has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Ed has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Ed has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Ed has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Ed has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Ed has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Ed has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Default Re: No newts in water...for MONTHS

I think I'm not being clear.. with the tapwater pH, was it always that pH (from the first time you tested it)? I'm trying to see if there is an issue with the test kit. If you have the master test kit and mix the vials up after using them a few times, you can get significant errors from the test kits. Also over time the reagents begin to go bad.

Instead of using water softener pillows (which release salts that reduce the buffering capacity of the water), you would have a better result in using an RO filter or deionizer (or both) and then adding a product like RO right to get the pH and hardness that you want in the tank (plus it wiill provide reverse osmosis water for replacing water that evaporated).

Ed
Ed is offline   Reply With Quote