View Single Post
Old 18th February 2012   #4 (permalink)
Heather Jewett
(jewett)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 20
Comments: 0
Rep: jewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgjewett is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Floating Hydrocotyle planter

I did something similar to this as well for growing water cress but it was not so fancy! I used the styro foam trays blood collection tubes come packed in (they kind of look like this: Blood Collection Tubes Packing Tray-Blood Collection Tubes Packing Tray Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on Alibaba.com) - these trays have little "cups" in rows all over the surface for the tubes to stay upright. I poked holes through the ends of the cups and stuck the water cress stems through. The water cress did great this way and I used them in my daphnia tub. I bet any medical office would give these used trays away - the vet clinic where I work goes through several every few weeks.
I was pleased with the outcome of my simple trays, but nothing as fancy or near as nice to look at as yours, Eva! Bravo!
Heather