Thread: Ensatinas

View Single Post
Old 20th March 2012   #14 (permalink)
Natural designs
(asfouts)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 2
Rep: asfouts has given consistently good advice and informationasfouts has given consistently good advice and informationasfouts has given consistently good advice and information
Default Re: Ensatinas

I keep the northern most species up here in seattle, WA. He/she is amazingly laid back. I keep him on Oregon creeping moss that has frawn that look like ferns and leaf litter from outside. I collected him with a license and its my first year having to use a license (17). Up here in Washington succesful offspring are allowed to be sold under another license entirely called a transport/sales license. The one I have has see-through epidermis on his belly and you can see his organs at work. The coolest part of its body is its face. The cool black eyes and the furrowed upper jaw are amazing. The only place up here to find them is old pine forests with tons of pine litter. Mine eats isopods (wood lice), snails, small slugs, worms, mealworms, spiders, slug eggs, and springtails happily. They have a projectile tongue and are one of the only species who can catch the speedy springtails. The Ensatina loves to watch people pass by his tank and will rub his nose on the plastic.
asfouts is offline   Reply With Quote