View Single Post
Old 21st September 2013   #10 (permalink)
Julia
(bellabelloo)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11
Default Re: Ambystoma tigrinum

It has been ages since I have posted about my little tiger.

I only ended up with one as it ate the other two

It became quite apparent that this has a problem. As a larva at one point it looked a little humpbacked .As it grew bigger this disappeared, but I noticed that one of the front legs was not moving and appeared a little stunted. It was suggested I amputate it in the hope it would regrow correctly, but it didn't. It regrew the same.
A couple of weeks ago it morphed, I was dithering about euthanasing it , but was curious to see how it would cope.
At the start of this week I transferred it to a terrestrial set up with loose cocofibre and leaves, a water bowl and some slate. I placed the tiger in the water bowl and waited. Yesterday it ventured out and I found it under the slate in a shallow hole that it had managed to dig. It fed this afternoon after being tempted out and this evening I found it back in its bowl. I am so far happy with it's mobility.
I shall be keeping a very close eye on it to make sure it is managing well.
Attached Thumbnails
Ambystoma tigrinum-026.jpg   Ambystoma tigrinum-028.jpg  

Last edited by bellabelloo; 26th September 2013 at 06:59. Reason: Spelling.
bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote