View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2014   #3 (permalink)
taherman
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 1
Rep: taherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Aneides lugubris breeding success

Awesome! Hope they are fertile for you. I've been getting 1-2 infertile clutches per year out of 2007 babies from Russ that are now monstrous. The males were much younger and I'm really hoping they finally get the job done this year.

Male aeneus never bother the eggs and I leave them together. I think Russ pulled male lugubris sometimes when the females were with eggs. Most egg eating from plethodontids that I have experienced was due to raids by cagemates in the big zoo exhibit (usually ruber), or females eating infertile clutches. Resist the urge to check on them for at least a month, as disturbances can cause problems.
taherman is offline   Reply With Quote