View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2014   #16 (permalink)
Trace
(willowcat)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: willowcat has shown reliable knowledgewillowcat has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Best type of earthworms for axolotls?

Canadians are seasonal. Euros and Reds are accessible year round. Canadians have to be cut up. I do have some huge Watedogs that can take Canadians, though. But I do not think that most people have animals this big. Euros do not have have to be cut up for sub-adults and adults. I am going to be offering for sale small Euros for smaller newts. I am trying to iron out all the details. The grower that I am getting them from grows nothing but this species worm. I have read that there are 300 Euros to the pound. I am getting feedback from him with counts so I can half way know what to communicate to potential buyers. I will be offering the adult worms for sale, also. But I am focusing on the small ones. Per average estimated counts, there are 2000 mini worms to the pound. So that should give us some idea of what size they are. I guess that I could call them Minnies? Or Minnie Euros? Is there anything out there called Minnies? And also, does this size intrigue any one? Would love to get feed back.
Thank you,
Trace
willowcat is offline   Reply With Quote