View Single Post
Old 27th September 2015   #23 (permalink)
taherman
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 1
Rep: taherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Desmognathus breeding success...now what?

If the female is not attending them you probably don't have great chances with that clutch. A good batch would have the female staying with them, and often (at least in other species I've worked with) would eat the eggs that are not fertile or are have fungal infections.

If you have access to itraconazole you could try removing them and raising them away from the female over damp perlite. Carefully remove the bad eggs from the cluster and moisten the perlite with itraconazole in a solution of sterile water at 10mg/L. I have had moderate success with this protocol. Feel free to email me if you would like more details.
taherman is offline   Reply With Quote