View Single Post
Old 29th December 2015   #9 (permalink)
taherman
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 1
Rep: taherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgtaherman is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Hemidactylium scutatum

This is the reference you should check. I can't find a pdf of it right now, I think I have it printed out somewhere:

Blanchard, Frank N., & Frieda C. Blanchard. 1931. Size groups and their characteristics in the salamander, Hemidactylium scutatum (Schlegel). Amer. Nat., 65:149-154.

Also check out the new Amphibians of Ohio book published by the Ohio Biological Survey. Chapter 17 is one of the most thorough reviews of Hemidactylium that has been published

Quote:
Originally Posted by tindomul1of9 View Post
Thanks for the information. Are there any stats on what a 5 year old should look like size wise. This is actually the only member of this species I have ever seen. I have no frame of reference with which to compare him/her to. THanks!
taherman is offline   Reply With Quote