View Single Post
Old 12th January 2016   #14 (permalink)
Peter Lembcke
(onetwentysix)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11onetwentysix goes to 11
Default Re: SWEEPING BAN on salamander trade/transportation in effect this month

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowfoot View Post
I'm still processing this...

Ironically, I was just settling up my basement to rear this year's Noto larvae when I read the news. Now I'm reconsidering raising any at all.
I have a bunch of T. torosa that I've been trying to sell, and I've been working to get a bunch of granulosa and rivularis to breed and had been really optimistic for this year, now I don't know if I should; the only salamanders I've ever sold in-state were some sirens I'd bred, to a guy who ironically lived about twenty minutes from where I collected the adults.

I'm all for the increased protection; it would be a disaster if Bsal got here, but since Bsal isn't here, I don't see why they can't just stop imports.

The worst part is I really wanted to get back into some of the European species, and now I'll never be able to keep them again.

It's also going to put increased pressure on wild collection of Ambystoma; they're one of the more frequently collected genera available as WC in the pet trade, and now there are significantly fewer CB alternatives.

Last edited by onetwentysix; 12th January 2016 at 18:06. Reason: Added line to end rather than new post
onetwentysix is offline   Reply With Quote