View Single Post
Old 16th August 2016   #14 (permalink)
Chinadog

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11
Default Re: Cynops ensicauda popei

The Swordtails have been pretty slow over the last few months for some reason. The main thing has been them stopping eating, the smallest of the two looked almost emaciated at one point. I ended up separating them in the end and put them in smaller tubs so they don't have to move much to find their food and it seems to have worked, they're both looking healthy and are back together again.
I wish they'd accept living in the water, but they won't just yet, That's when I can really bulk them up and get them growing! They seem more hydrophobic than my baby pyrrhogaster at the moment, pyrrhos of the equivalent size would have gone aquatic of their own accord before now.
Ah well, slow progress is better than no progress, I guess.
Attached Thumbnails
Cynops ensicauda popei-sam_0432.jpg   Cynops ensicauda popei-sam_0431.jpg   Cynops ensicauda popei-sam_0428.jpg   Cynops ensicauda popei-sam_0429.jpg  

Last edited by Chinadog; 16th August 2016 at 17:46.
Chinadog is online now   Reply With Quote