View Single Post
Old 15th October 2016   #1 (permalink)
Advyth
(AdvythAF)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: AdvythAF has given consistently good advice and informationAdvythAF has given consistently good advice and informationAdvythAF has given consistently good advice and informationAdvythAF has given consistently good advice and information
Talking My Desmognathus fuscus

These are my two Desmognathus fuscus. I have not sexed them yet. Is it possible to tell their sex from the size of their jaws? I have heard males have larger jaws/jaw muscles.

If anyone has any insight, let me know!

These aren't new animals, I've had them for two years, they were my first caudates. Yet, I haven't been able to sex them yet. They are quite fast, and agile jumpers. Any ideas on how to sex them while restrained? I have seen herpetologists put them in plastic bags to do this. Is this a good method?

Thanks,

--Advyth
Attached Thumbnails
My Desmognathus fuscus-fuscus-cutcro_26402838861_o.jpg   My Desmognathus fuscus-p1030199_29865549670_o.jpg