View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2017   #4 (permalink)
Otterwoman
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Looking for ideas on amphibian (either caudata or anura)

I'm thinking about thick clear painter's plastic, that comes in rolls, just spread it over your tank area with generous margins.Or a cool camo tarp. Or a very large waterproof mat of some kind, permanently placed under the tank. Just envision it over your wall-to-wall like a permanent area accent rug. For water changes, just be careful, use buckets and a siphon and be careful while siphoning into buckets that you don't splash it all over, and if you do, it lands on the plastic anyway. Don't let your cat or dog or ferrets run around knocking over buckets while you're siphoning/filling them (I speak from experience with the ferrets part). I use (used and cleaned) cat litter containers to age water and add back to m tanks every week (I refill them after my water changes, and they have a week to age). You can dump the used water into your kitchen sink if you don't have a yard, and refill them from your sink as well.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote