Thread: Eggs!!

View Single Post
Old 13th September 2017   #6 (permalink)
Chinadog

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11
Default Re: Eggs!!

All I mean by dirty water is instead of using dechlorinated tap water to do water changes in the egg/larvae containers, I use mature tank water from their parents tank instead. Dirty water method is perhaps a misleading name for it.
I don't know about Indian almond leaves, but I have raised pyrrho babies in tanks containing English Oak leaves and they were fine.
My outright favourite method for hatching pyrrho eggs is to leave them with their parentsand remove the larvae after they have begun to grow. This way once hatched, their parents will generally not see them as food and they'll find microfauna in the tank to get them through the tricky first few days. The problem with this method is the parents eating their eggs before they hatch, but if there are enough plants there always seems to be plenty that escape! Who knows, maybe that's why they always seem to lay a few above the water line as you've already noticed with your adults?

Mine also do! :)

C. pyrrho laying eggs on land?
Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote