Thread: Eggs!!

View Single Post
Old 1 Week Ago   #7 (permalink)
Otterwoman
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Eggs!!

I culled this information from previous threads:

Raising larvae in a more natural watery environment- when I get eggs, I put them in a tank with some leaves and by the time they hatch, there are hopefully some microfauna in there. I feed them minced blackworms and I don't clean the tank at all until they morph, unless they take a long time to morph, and then just a partial water change. Other people put them in water and change it every day , that is the total opposite.

Basically it's like using pond water, but you make your own. I put leaves in water and use a little water from another tank. Other people use clean water and change it a lot. That's what I mean.

I raise eggs of different species (not axolotls) and all I use anymore are 'dirty water' and blackworms. When the eggs appear, I start a tank bubbling with leaves and algae from nature, put the eggs in, and by the time the eggs hatch, there's something growing in there for them to eat. Then after a week or so, I start with minced blackworms and gradually use larger and larger pieces, until they are eating whole ones, and work up from there. There is a lot of info here on raising axies, there is a whole section on Eggs:

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote