View Single Post
Old 6 Days Ago   #12 (permalink)
ProvidenceDevine
(Providence)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Providence is an unknown quantity at this point

I appreciate this advice. I have been using plastic gloves to handle my mole salamander. I freaked out when I read the secretion off their skin can cause blindness. I am not planning on touching my eyes or mucus membranes of my nose, but will regular soap and water wash off the secretion from their skin?

Oh thank you so much. I am new to the whole salamander pet joy. I found my in my Christmas tree last year. I made my own habitat and change the water out weekly. Last week I put some moss from my pond. Yeah, kinda regret that it made my lil habitat stinky. I change out the dirt and the chlorine free water weekly and have rocks, dark and sandy dirt as well as a 3/4 inch water area for it. I feed it fresh crickets when I find them and have tried the freeze dried crickets, (it seems to ignore),earthworms, and pallets. Last week some while letting it get some fresh air I found mosquito larve in its water and let it feed on them for a week. But being paranoid about changing its water and dirt I had to pour them out. Any suggestions on better ways to feed my Mole Salamander? Also is there some special species name for it? Thanks a bunch have a good one.

Last edited by Chinadog; 6 Days Ago at 08:35. Reason: tidied double post.
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote