The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Came for an Axolotl, staying for the community

This is a discussion on Came for an Axolotl, staying for the community within the Introductions Area forums, part of the General Topics category; I searched all my local pet stores and aquarium suppliers in central North Carolina for an axolotl to no avail, ...

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th July 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: adb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Came for an Axolotl, staying for the community

I searched all my local pet stores and aquarium suppliers in central North Carolina for an axolotl to no avail, so I started looking online for a place to order one. I found more than I was hoping for on here. Before I found this website I didn't know what color type I wanted but I the golden albino type is now my favorite. My question is:

How often do new batches of juvenile axolotls get put up for sale here?

after a week of looking, no new posts have been put up even though the dates on the posts make it look like there would be several each week.

Thanks

adb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2015   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11
Default Re: Came for an Axolotl, staying for the community

Hi, welcome to the site. :)
I don't think there is any set time when axolotls breed, at least not in captivity anyway. Mine used to breed mostly in winter/spring, but we have very pronounced seasons here in the UK, and they often used to breed after a cool water change as well.
It wont be long before some come up for sale in your area, just keep an eye on the for sale section, or build up your post count a little and place a wanted add.

Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
golden albino axolotls, juvenile axolotls, question

LinkBack