The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Hello from the mid west!

This is a discussion on Hello from the mid west! within the Introductions Area forums, part of the General Topics category; Would just like to say hi to you all and introduce myself not sure if this is mandatory but might ...

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st July 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Mjasko is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Hello from the mid west!

Would just like to say hi to you all and introduce myself not sure if this is mandatory but might as well post this anyways. My name is Mila and I'm just starting college in Utah, hoping to study abroad to get a degree in marine biology I've always been interested in axolotls and have been looking to get one for quite awhile now. However, there aren't a lotl around here and I don't really like the shipping of live animals. The wait was worth it, though! I found someone who was looking to sell their adult lotl the other month, and he was a real cutie!
I use to laugh (inwardly) at the fact that like 60% of all axolotls (yes, even the white ones) were named Toothless. It's a cute name but I didn't really appreciate attention that came from all these HTTYD fans (lotl sales probably maxed out after the release of the 2nd movie lol). When I went to go pick up the little guy I asked his owner what his name was. The guy looked at me and responded "Toothless." Karma: buuuuuuuuuurn! Oh well.
Toothless looks a bit like a melanoid, but is actually a wild type (you can really see the spots on his tail), and he is a little longer than a foot. My only regret is not raising him as my own from a babe larvae. He has a great personality though and I'm happy to have him! I thought it would be a good idea to get in touch with some experts in case any problems arise in the future, as I am a newbie to owning a tank and an axolotl. Congrats if you finished this post! Thanks for reading!
--Mila
Attached Thumbnails
Hello from the mid west!-20150705_231245.jpg  

Mjasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2015   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Hello from the mid west!

I'm sure you could change his name and it won't bother him one bit. Welcome to the forum!

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axololt, melanoid, new axolotl owner, toothless, utah, wild type

LinkBack