The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Hello new member and new axi parent

This is a discussion on Hello new member and new axi parent within the Introductions Area forums, part of the General Topics category; Hi im bec. 3 weeks ago i took over 2 lovely axis that didnt have the best life at their ...

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Splisyaxis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th February 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Splisyaxis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello new member and new axi parent

Hi im bec. 3 weeks ago i took over 2 lovely axis that didnt have the best life at their old home. Saving up for a bigger tank for them. Super animal lover. Theyve both gotten plumper, now eat live food and slowly their gills are getting lusher. Also all the aggression they were displaying has stopped. I could watch them all day. Got all the hidy holes and sandy substrate they could want and plan to move tanks as soon as able.

Theyre about a year old but only about 2 inches long. I just feel theyre so small! im investing alot of tome and what money i have in to making their lives better. Just worried theyll always be wee!

Thankalotl

Splisyaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2016   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Hello new member and new axi parent

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you're giving them the best chance they could get.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2016   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: NaterPotater has started on the right path

Pictures? That's SUPER small for a year old. Good for you giving them a better life though. They make such fun pets!

NaterPotater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Splisyaxis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey sorry im very slow with replies! There is a couple pics of them on my profile of them. Ive got a tank that me and my boyfriend need to fix. We have our aquarium sillicon so they should be moved soon hopefully.

Splisyaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016   #5 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: AxolotlChris has given good advice and informationAxolotlChris has given good advice and informationAxolotlChris has given good advice and information

They look more like around 7". I have a pen lid on my desk which is bigger than 2" lol

Make sure you understand the Nitrogen Cycle, its key to keeping your Axolotls healthy. While they are not in a cycled tank, make sure you change the water 100% everyday with dechlorinated water.

Useful links:
Axolotls: The Fascinating Mexican Axolotl and the Tiger Salamander
Caudata Culture Articles - Cycling
Caudata Culture Articles - Water Quality

Last edited by AxolotlChris; 24th February 2016 at 15:55. Reason: Additional information
AxolotlChris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help a member out, need advice, newbie, rescuemama

LinkBack