The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Peanut beetle as axolotl food

This is a discussion on Peanut beetle as axolotl food within the Introductions Area forums, part of the General Topics category; Hello everyone :) Im a new axolotl dad, currently living in Bogotá Colombia, and i would like to know if ...

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th April 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Jaysolorzano is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Peanut beetle as axolotl food

Hello everyone :)
Im a new axolotl dad, currently living in Bogotá Colombia, and i would like to know if it is safe to feed peanut beetles to my 10cm axolotl? ive read that they dont do very well with meal worms, so i was wondering as they are similar insects in both their larva an adult state. Thanks

Jaysolorzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2016   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: AxolotlChris has given good advice and informationAxolotlChris has given good advice and informationAxolotlChris has given good advice and information
Default Re: Peanut beetle as axolotl food

The larval stage of the peanut beetle I believe is similar to the mealworm, but mealworm's and certainly the peanut beetle will not be a suitable staple diet.

You should look for earthworms as the staple diet, along with pellets that hold the correct nutritional values.

Tags
axolotl, beetle, food, safe

LinkBack