The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Tiger salamander sick

This is a discussion on Tiger salamander sick within the Introductions Area forums, part of the General Topics category; So this morning i noticed that my tiger salamander Jaku and a lot of black spots on his face that ...

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th July 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Nikolait118 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tiger salamander sick

So this morning i noticed that my tiger salamander Jaku and a lot of black spots on his face that were not there yesterday. I cant afford to take it to the vet so i did some research. From what research ive done ive quarantined him from his usual environment. I plan on starting a antibiotic regiment of 125mg of ciprofloxacin in 1 liter of water for an hr a day and by putting silver sulfadiazine cream on the spots for 10-14 days (based on the research ive done). Any recommendations for adjustments to the antibiotic dose or overall regiment?
Attached Thumbnails
Tiger salamander sick-imag0039.jpg  

Nikolait118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2016   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Tiger salamander sick

I can't really tell anything from your picture. I do know that some other species develop spots and such before they shed.

Scroll down to Health and Illness

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black spots, tiger salamander

LinkBack