The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Axolotl has a white spot.

This is a discussion on Axolotl has a white spot. within the Introductions Area forums, part of the General Topics category; So, I'm new to this website and I had a question, I bought my axolotl here in Las Vegas about ...

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st November 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Elizabethvidrio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Axolotl has a white spot.

So, I'm new to this website and I had a question, I bought my axolotl here in Las Vegas about two months ago and decided he was too hard to take care of so I took him back to the pet store and a couple weeks later I wanted to see if he was still there and he was, under a heat lamp, when I put my hand to the glass it was way toooooo warm. So of course I went to complain to the dude, telling him how the axolotls were dying and literally one of the axolotls has no gills and his skin was peeling, they refused to work with me on a price for the remaining axolotls so I had to buy them both full price and unfortunately one didn't make it, I'll insert pictures of them both. Also, when I first got them I gave them both organic tea baths because I heard that helped with fungus. So that was just the back story, it might help to what my issue is today, so I've had the other axolotl in an under the bed sterlite contained which is pretty long and wide and he's kept next to a window a/c which keeps him at 62 degrees F. (Waiting for my tank to cycle, I've been doing 100% water changes for a month with declorinated tap water using reptisafe)He's been doing well for the most part but I noticed that on the tip of a piece of his gill there's a white dot and I don't know if I should be worried.

The first thumbnail was of the one that passed, and the rest are of the same axolotl, with the skinniest version being the first day I received him.
Attached Thumbnails
Axolotl has a white spot.-img_2076.jpg   Axolotl has a white spot.-img_2648.jpg   Axolotl has a white spot.-img_2760.jpg   Axolotl has a white spot.-img_2770.jpg   Axolotl has a white spot.-img_2761.jpg  

Last edited by Elizabethvidrio; 21st November 2016 at 09:30. Reason: Adding information
Elizabethvidrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2016   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: tipnatee has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Axolotl has a white spot.

You really save him big time and he looks thousand time better bravo! In my opinion a white dot might be a small fungus since you keep him in constant water change unlike tank environment. I usually use small amount of the aquarium salt to boost his immune system to fight against it ( not table salt or any other clear rock salt that most people mistaking it for) and Catappa leaf soak along with him.

tipnatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2016   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: AxolotlChris has given good advice and informationAxolotlChris has given good advice and informationAxolotlChris has given good advice and information
Default Re: Axolotl has a white spot.

I would report that store to your local animal welfare authority. The image of the first Axolotl is disgusting and they should be held accountable for their actions.

Well done for saving the other though

Tags
sick axolotl

LinkBack