The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Super Excited to be Here!

This is a discussion on Super Excited to be Here! within the Introductions Area forums, part of the General Topics category; Hello all, and thank you so much for letting me join! My name is Molly, and I am a budding ...

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By IniDare

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th January 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: IniDare is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Super Excited to be Here!

Hello all, and thank you so much for letting me join!

My name is Molly, and I am a budding future axolotl owner.
I am disabled, and live at home with my mother and brother. I have two budgies, who are more family pets than my own. We also have two dogs.
I have been doing loads of research, joined a group on FaceBook, and fallen in love with this little amphibian. I have also found a breeder near me who is very helpful and willing to offer mature media as well as a 6 month or older Axi. As a first timer I don't feel ready for a baby yet...
I am currently waiting for some money to arrive so I can start looking for a second hand tank and stand that the owner is willing to deliver, as we unfortunately have a tiny car.

I can't wait for my little Axi, who will probably be named Cecil or Phoenix.

I'm confident this forum will be a gold mine of information on my chosen little one.

IniDare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: emdalliance is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and welcome! Cecil is a lovely name! Make sure you ask any questions you have, we are happy to answer any questions :) x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emdalliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2017   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: IniDare is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Super Excited to be Here!

I'll be sure to! Just posted one actually, in the axolotl forum.

IniDare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2017   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: Donna001 has given good advice and informationDonna001 has given good advice and informationDonna001 has given good advice and information
Default Re: Super Excited to be Here!

Hi Molly, welcome to the forum.
I have found the people here to be amazing. They have so much experience and are so friendly and helpful. I spent months lurking as a guest before I got my first axolotls, which I got from a pet shop in Essex that had some coppers available.
It's great that you have managed to find someone who is prepared to provide mature media, it will be fantastic for cycling your tank. Any problems with obtaining media just let me know, I'm in Cambridgeshire and am also happy to provide media.

What size tank are you looking for? Are you looking for any particular colour and/or brand?My axolotl gang have recently been upgraded from 2 tanks into one large one, and I am in the process of reorganising my fish tanks to upgrade some fish into the old axolotl tanks, so everyone is on the move. If you let me know what size tank you are looking for I'll see what I have available after the big reorganisation.

Donna001 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack