The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Hello from northern California and looking for Axolotls

This is a discussion on Hello from northern California and looking for Axolotls within the Introductions Area forums, part of the General Topics category; Greetings! I am new to Caudata and am very excited to be part of an online community so full of ...

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th January 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: ashtree is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello from northern California and looking for Axolotls

Greetings!

I am new to Caudata and am very excited to be part of an online community so full of information and passionate people. I live in Humboldt County and am hoping to find a couple albino axolotls babies to call my own. I am willing to drive out of state to find some, preferably between southern Oregon to Portland. If I were to find someone willing to ship, that would be awesome too!

I look forward to learning more on this site and thank you all for creating such an amazing resource!

P.S. I know axolotls are illegal in California... I'm currently trying to find more information on obtaining a permit in California. From what I understand, the laws have been put into place to protect native species from hybirdizing with introduced axolotls. I have no intent of releasing axolotls, am responsible enough to contain them and love them enough to deal with the consequences.

Last edited by ashtree; 29th January 2017 at 05:02. Reason: PS I understand they're illegal
ashtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2017   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: Donna001 has given good advice and informationDonna001 has given good advice and informationDonna001 has given good advice and information
Default Re: Hello from northern California and looking for Axolotls

Hi there and welcome to the forum.
I guess that the regulation in the US are understandable, but it is so unfortunate for those who are interested in axolotls and other fascinating creatures.
I didn't realise that you could apply for a permit, best of luck with that and please let us know how you get on.

Donna001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: puzzle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello from northern California and looking for Axolotls

Yes! Please keep us up to date on your permit! <3

puzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Stelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Hello from northern California and looking for Axolotls

Can you obtain a permit? I too live in California and would love to have axolotls :/ unfortunately can't get one cause of this law! did you get any info?

Stelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, axolotls, california, northern, oregon

LinkBack