The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Greetings from new york

This is a discussion on Greetings from new york within the Introductions Area forums, part of the General Topics category; Hello there! My name is Justina, and my fiance Ej and I have recently become the proud keepers of an ...

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Jazzy says yarr
  • 1 Post By MarieKarma1311
  • 1 Post By Otterwoman
  • 1 Post By Otterwoman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th February 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Jazzy says yarr has shown reliable knowledgeJazzy says yarr has shown reliable knowledge
Default Greetings from new york

Hello there!

My name is Justina, and my fiance Ej and I have recently become the proud keepers of an axolotl weve named Oliver.

Iv personally had a life long love of nature, specifically fish and amphibians. I was one of those kids that lived outdoors, in creeks and ponds, lakes and rivers, just picking up anything and everything to study it. Im a little more tactful now, and observe more than I interact; promise ✌ In school, i used to write papers on amphibians and how sensitive they were to pollutants leaking into their ecosystems, causing mass deformities. A love of biology and cell study has since blossomed into a "i read articles and find things fascinating" sort of life, with our 2 year old daughter needing raising and Ej starting a medical career. One day i hope to return to school and persue degrees in the fields that interest me. Having a really hard time narrowing it down to even a major and a minor, lol.

Ej had a very similar upbringing, and admires them as well. For the last couple of years, hes worked maintenence jobs at town parks. In the summers, he would find and tell me about all these little cuties, like spring peepers and green frogs.

Even our daughter is fostering a love for anything aquatic. She adores our fish that we keep, our mystery tadpole, and our most recent addition, Oliver.

Weve been information gathering from a few internet sources over the last couple of weeks, specifically about axolotls, and got almost all of our immediately useful information for your site; we're glad to be a part of such an informative and active site.
Sorry, I know I sound like I'm speaking in a very 3rd person manner.
Glad to be here on behalf of myself, and Ej. (And little Oliver)

Jazzy says yarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: MarieKarma1311 has shown reliable knowledgeMarieKarma1311 has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Greetings from new york

Welcome to caudata and the forums, congratulations on your little guy Oliver. This is exactly the place for you guys with your huge passion for amphibians

MarieKarma1311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2017   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Jazzy says yarr has shown reliable knowledgeJazzy says yarr has shown reliable knowledge

Thank you! :)

Old 7th March 2017   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

Howdy, fellow New York Stater!

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2017   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:

Hello, hello! :)

Has your weather been just as whacky this past week? Its been a nightmare regulating the tank temp with these massive shifts on the island.

Old 8th March 2017   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

Yes, but the changes have resulted in eggs!

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2017   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:

Oh, that's some good news if I've ever heard any
Congratulations!

LinkBack