The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

New and would love to know more about axolotls

This is a discussion on New and would love to know more about axolotls within the Introductions Area forums, part of the General Topics category; Hello Everyone From Canada Ontario and am recently a proud owner of a male and female Axolotl. Xena & Maximus ...

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th March 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Xena8Maximus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New and would love to know more about axolotls

Hello Everyone

From Canada Ontario and am recently a proud owner of a male and female Axolotl.
Xena & Maximus were a birthday present for my son on his 12th birthday. I'm new to this but my son introduced me to these little creatures while doing a research report at school on them. Fasinating to say the lease. I do not know everything but have also done an abundence of research on how to care for them and they seem to be doing well. Little to my knowledge did I realize how quickly I would have to learn. I asked the pet shop if they could get them, They said they would see and I told them my preferences if they could. Waiting for a phone call saying they could and to confirm my order.... I got a phone call saying they were at the pet shop and I could come in and get them. Well they are about 6-7 inches in lenght. One male and at the time I couldn't tell as the other was a bit smaller then the other. This pet shop knew nothing about them so they put them in a tank with other fish, bright lights, no hides and a gravel bottom. I had not even had a chance to get a tank ready for them. But I knew I had to get them out of there so here I am today. Now the proud owner of these 2 beautiful creatures and another 10 gallon tank of eggs that must have been from before I got her because they were in separate containers for three weeks while I cycled a new tank for the both of them.

Xena8Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2017   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: New and would love to know more about axolotls

Here are some resources:

http://www.caudata.org/forum/f46-beg...oma-mexicanum/

Axolotls: The Fascinating Mexican Axolotl and the Tiger Salamander

http://www.caudata.org/cc/species/Am...exicanum.shtml

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2017   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Xena8Maximus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New and would love to know more about axolotls

Thanks :) I seen yoou question on a pic I posted but am very new on here and don't know where to go to answer it

Xena8Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack