The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

New member in Alaska

This is a discussion on New member in Alaska within the Introductions Area forums, part of the General Topics category; I decided to join the site becuase I built a vavariuk setup and am now looking to put some animals ...

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th April 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: 907fbx is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool New member in Alaska

I decided to join the site becuase I built a vavariuk setup and am now looking to put some animals in it. Unfortunately we only have petco in my town, Fairbanks Alaska, I do not particularly like supporting them and they don't sell anything I am looking for any ways. And the closest city, anchorage, that has pet stores other than petco is more expensive to drive to than the $40 overnight shipping charge I will have to pay to ship my animals. I had searched for a website that sells cb animals and happened upon this site that said it's better to buy from one of you guys than a website. So here I am.

I have taken care of far more rodents than amphibians, not to say that I don't have experience. I have house a handful of firebelly roads, a couple tree frogs and a couple of fire belly newts. I had the newts when I was a child and before petco ran the local pet stores out of town.

I am interested in putting a couple newts, or salamanders, of the same or different species in the tank with maybe a couple frogs or even a lizard.

I will make a post about the setup and the details of it in another post for more information if that's needed.

So feel free to comment or message me if you have advice or can point me in the right direction. I look forward to being a part of this community.

907fbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2017   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: New member in Alaska

Welcome to the forum! At this point, due to the shipping ban, you can pretty much only sell Axolotls interstate. Otherwise you have to get eggs and raise them, those can still be shipped. Or if you find a breeder in your state, you can get newts from them. Good luck!

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alaska, new amazing member, newts, vivarium

LinkBack