The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Axie Owner

This is a discussion on Axie Owner within the Introductions Area forums, part of the General Topics category; Hi! I recently took in an axolotl from a friend who couldn't properly care for her. She is a female ...

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ADelaney

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st April 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: ADelaney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Axie Owner

Hi! I recently took in an axolotl from a friend who couldn't properly care for her. She is a female leucistic axolotl whom I have renamed Nixie (little water sprite). She is about 2 years old and 6 inches. She wasn't treated great and barely had enough room to turn around. She also lived with a male melanoid who passed away before I could get them. She has a wonderful personality and always looks ready to jump out of her tank and kill be in my sleep whenever I come near her (she's not aggressive at all she just has a serious RBF). I am working on setting up a 29 gallon tank for her and eventually getting her a female friend sometime in the future. I've always wanted a black melanoid so hopefully one day that happens! Nixie's favorite activity is getting me fusterated by not eating until I shove the chopped up peices of nightcrawler infront of her face only to then spit it out, to which I give up and she goes back to eating happily. Her least favorite thing is water changes and damn if axolotls could talk she would tell me how much she hates me for doing them. She does seek comfort in her plants when I do start water changes though. Have a lovely day!

~Alyssa & Nixie

ADelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11
Default Re: Axxie Owner

Hi, welcome to the site. :)
As they get older most Axolotls or aquatic newts will just take water changes as a part of normal, day to day life. I always offer a little of their favourite food straight afterwards, so they tend to get exited and inquisitive when the buckets and siphoning hose appear in front of their tank. :)
Attached Thumbnails
Axie Owner-siphon-tylo.jpg  

Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adult, axolotl, leucistic

LinkBack