The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

New daddy of the axie (please help)

This is a discussion on New daddy of the axie (please help) within the Introductions Area forums, part of the General Topics category; Hey, i have been wanting an axie for about 3 years and 2 days ago i finally got one its ...

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Otterwoman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th July 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: mineiscalledexo is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation New daddy of the axie (please help)

Hey, i have been wanting an axie for about 3 years and 2 days ago i finally got one its super cute and it is a green/black colour.
The people in the shop that i got it from did not know how old it was but they said he isnt 1 year old yet and they also did not know wether it was a boy or a girl.
Now i bought a tank wich is 100 litres and designed the inside myself since i have been wanting an axie for so long im a bit overexcited hehe.
So the tank looks great and had an build in filter wich broke down as soon as i put the water in so i immidiately went to a shop and bought a new filter for the waterflow i also bought a tempature meter (sorry for the bad english i am from holland but i am trying my best)
I have been giving him those cubes you put in the fridge with little worms in them and i also give him living shrimps because thats what the person in the shop gave to me.
The problem i am having though is that the water is 21 celcius ( around 74F i think) and that is too high from what i have read, i closed the curtains i took off the lid and also placed my standing fan above the tank to cool it but it does not change anything, beside that my axie's left gills are a little bit white eventhough they are supposed to be red, it is not much but a little is red and since i only had my baby for 2 days im a bit scared, i also turned off the light in the tank because it might turn the water warmer and stress out my axie. I have a bottle in the fridge wich i will put in the water to see if something changes. I read about a cooler but the rponlem is that im 18 i dont have a job and spend over 600 on everything for the aquarium and pump and food etc i dont have more then 30 left and i am really worried, my axie is acting fine though like nothing is going on i just dont want my axie to get ill, any help is welcome please

mineiscalledexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: New daddy of the axie (please help)

Try doing a search on here, "cooling".

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: mineiscalledexo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New daddy of the axie (please help)

Thanks for the reply and yeah i have been doing that the past 2 days but none of them have the exact same circumstances as i have and i want to be 100% sure what to do and not make a mistake because my tank might be different or something like that

mineiscalledexo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axie help, axololt, axolotl advice, help me, tank cooling, water cooling axolotls, white dots, white gills

LinkBack