The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Robin, Josh, & Lotti

This is a discussion on Robin, Josh, & Lotti within the Introductions Area forums, part of the General Topics category; Hello All, Josh and I just got our first Axolotl, her name is Lotti. She is such and intriguing girl...I ...

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th June 2009   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: ShesMyLotti is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Robin, Josh, & Lotti

Hello All,
Josh and I just got our first Axolotl, her name is Lotti.
She is such and intriguing girl...I love to watch her. I hear most are quite smart, ours seems to be a tad remedial. She tends to eat everything but her food, air, sand, even her poo. Goofy girl.
We have her set up in a 10 gallon tank for now. We did sand and larger rocks at the bottom, with a couple of den type areas. And of course some cute decor - I've put a couple of bracelets half way buried in the sand, she likes
swimming through them.
She is getting big fast! We got her about three weeks ago, and I'd say she is at least one and a half times her original size. She is the Albino, and as she gets bigger its harder to see her insides. Which is preferable, because honestly, it freaked me out a little :) Lotti has a brother on this site, well she probably has 60 brothers, but one for certain-Chasity, my best friend of 16 years, adopted Loxie and Lotti from a nice gal in our area. We were introduced to these magnificent little guys at the Pacific Science Center in Seattle. They are so amazing, they look like little aliens. We both fell in love and knew we needed to adopt one!
I couldn't be more pleased with her!
Best Regards,
Robin
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

ShesMyLotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 0
Rep: Starfreak7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Robin, Josh, & Lotti

She's getting big. Tell Lotti that Loxie says hi.

Starfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 9
Comments: 12
Rep: Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11

Welcome to the addiction!

Useful links: Forum Rules | Axolotl Caresheets | Axolotl Sanctuary | Axolotl FAQ| Water Quality FAQ | Caudata Culture Articles
Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009   #4 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Welcome to the forum Robin. Lotti isn't albino though - she is leucistic (white axolotl with black eyes). Leucistic means she doesn't develop pigment cells on much of her body but genetically she is normal.

Old 17th June 2009   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: ShesMyLotti is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm, interesting. Thank you for that - I have so much to learn!

ShesMyLotti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
josh, lotti, robin

LinkBack