The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

New and in need of suggestions =)

This is a discussion on New and in need of suggestions =) within the Introductions Area forums, part of the General Topics category; Hi everyone, My name is Damian, I live in western U.S of A and I have an itch for some ...

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th September 2009   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: JDamian13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New and in need of suggestions =)

Hi everyone,
My name is Damian, I live in western U.S of A and I have an itch for some Axolotl's
I have a 135Gal. Aquarium (60"x18"x30") I used to have an alligator gar but after 3 years he got a little too big So I had to donate him to Sea World. I moved, and now I live on the 2nd floor and I'm a little worried of the weight of the aquarium filled with water (estimated near 1 ton) so it is emptied and a big eye sore. So I did some research and I would like to house a "few" Axolotl's. I'm originally from Argentina and I had a pair for a few years so I'm not new to them but having a 135Gal. tank is a lot different than my old 35Gal. So I would like some suggestions on what to do with it design wise and in general for housing maybe 6 of them. Suggestions and ideas welcomed

Thanks.

JDamian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 9
Comments: 12
Rep: Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11Jacquie goes to 11
Default Re: New and in need of suggestions =)

Hi Damian,

Welcome to the forum!

It won't be long before that itch becomes a full blown obsession - mark my words well .

Ideas for aquarium setups can be found in the member galleries (linked in the green bar above), the axolotl gallery (in the Axolotl section of the forum), and in Caudata Culture (also linked above) there is a section devoted to both aquatic and non-aquatic tank setups - well worth a look.

Useful links: Forum Rules | Axolotl Caresheets | Axolotl Sanctuary | Axolotl FAQ| Water Quality FAQ | Caudata Culture Articles
Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suggestions

LinkBack