The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Alright

This is a discussion on Alright within the Introductions Area forums, part of the General Topics category; Hi guys, New member here so I thought i'd introduce myself While searching the web for axolotl advice i was ...

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st December 2009   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Niall W has shown reliable knowledge
Default Alright

Hi guys,

New member here so I thought i'd introduce myself
While searching the web for axolotl advice i was sent here, and it seems like a great site!

I'm 17 and live in the Cambridgeshire area. I've always have been interested in animals, and as such looking to study zoology at university next year.

Should be getting my first Axolotl in a few weeks after researching for a good month on how to keep them. I've already got the basic know how of aquariums as i've got another planted (tropical fish) tank that's been running for a few years now.

At the moment the Axie tank is cycling, and i'll be testing it for Ammonia, Nitrites and Nitrates every 5 days or so.
It's a 70 - 80 litre tank, 62cm (length x 40cm (width) x 40 (depth). Though i'm planning on upgrading to a larger tank (longer) when funds become available.

Fire away with questions if you like,

So yeah, hello

Niall W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Dragonbeards is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Alright

Welcome to Caudata.org. I think we'll get along well, I plan on becoming a Zoologist as well! Be sure to post pictures of your axies when you get them :P

Old 1st December 2009   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Niall W has shown reliable knowledge

Ah awesome
Seems like a really cool forum, not many where you have actual experts answering your questions.

I'll definitely be posting pictures later. I'm planning on setting up another thread for idea's for the tank, so i'll do a running series as it develops and the Axie moves in : )

Niall W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 2
Rep: petlover516 has shown reliable knowledgepetlover516 has shown reliable knowledge

Welcome! You're on the right track-research is key!:)

petlover516 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack