The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Greetings from Central Florida!

This is a discussion on Greetings from Central Florida! within the Introductions Area forums, part of the General Topics category; Hello everybody! My name's Chelsea & I've been interested in newts & salamanders for quite some time! I got my ...

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th July 2011   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: chelseamaemae is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Greetings from Central Florida!

Hello everybody! My name's Chelsea & I've been interested in newts & salamanders for quite some time! I got my first sallie back in middle school and thought he was just the coolest! Now 21, and a biology major at the University of Central Florida I noticed how much I missed having my tiger around. Over the past few days I've been doing some research and am happy to announce the two new additions to my family who have yet to be named. I had never seen an Ambystoma opacum before and I just fell in love when I came across them at the store. I have spent the past 5-6hours setting up their new home & I hope they enjoy it as much as I do. I've attached some pictures to introduce them to all of you & would love any feedback you may have about them or their new enclosure. I did notice after returning home that one of the sallies (the one with more of a set of stripes rather then a silver blotch pattern) had a semi-closed eye. It appears to still be intact but just more sunken into its head. I had read on one of the posts that some salamanders may just have a birth defect and am hoping that's the case, if not I could always try and return it tomorrow. They appear to be feeding well but I've yet to witness it for myself since I have a feeling they're still full from their previous home at the shop. I was also hoping that if you notice anything I should/shouldn't have in their enclosure that you give me a heads up. I've read and been told quite a few different things before setting their enclosure up, and would love any feedback you may have! So again I'd like to say hey and finally introduce myself & my little marbles. Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

chelseamaemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 3
Rep: Linus is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgLinus is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgLinus is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgLinus is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgLinus is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgLinus is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Greetings from Central Florida!

Hey Chelsea, tank looks good!

Linus is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack