The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Lady Aquarius (Bette)

This is a discussion on Lady Aquarius (Bette) within the Introductions Area forums, part of the General Topics category; Oh My GOSH! I ordered Axolotl Eggs from this wonderful woman, and she actually shipped them to me in record ...

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By neocup
  • 1 Post By Otterwoman
  • 1 Post By Bette

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th June 2014   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: neocup is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Lady Aquarius (Bette)

Oh My GOSH!

I ordered Axolotl Eggs from this wonderful woman, and she actually shipped them to me in record time! It was very close to the end of our school year, and so I hesitated in ordering them, as I knew this class would not get to see the whole process. But I figured I needed the learning curve, and affordable Axolotl eggs don't come around every day! Complete and Incomplete Metamorphosis are Targeted Areas in 5th Grade Science and Testable Items on the 5th grade SCIENCE exam! We had discussed Axolotls all year, in comparison to the pet Tiger Salamander which we have in our classroom. We You-Tubed them, researched them, I did everything but BUY one...but it wasn't that I didn't try to buy one, they are unavailable commercially here in North Texas. Once ordered, the children LOVED the package arrival, and marveled at the beautiful marble-like globes with swimming babies inside! When they began to hatch, the children watched in awe! Today, I have 36 babies, all in separate containers, and Lady Aquarius (Bette) has emailed me with care and feeding tips, even putting me in touch with food sources and temperature information... and she has been right there with me through the entire process! I feel so fortunate to have run into Lady Aquarius (Bette) and want to say THANK YOU! to Bette and Caudata.org for this wonderful experience!

neocup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Lady Aquarius (Bette)

Welcome to the forum! Glad you had such a great experience.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 4
Rep: Bette has given good advice and informationBette has given good advice and informationBette has given good advice and information

Thank you neocup! It's always great to meet others who share your appreciation and excitement about something! I'm so glad that you are enjoying your axie babies! Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any future questions :-)

Old 25th June 2014   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 4
Rep: Bette has given good advice and informationBette has given good advice and informationBette has given good advice and information

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterwoman View Post
Welcome to the forum! Glad you had such a great experience.
Otterwoman, is there a way that you could move/copy this review to the testimonials section of the forum?

Tags
axolotl babies, axolotl eggs, classroom project, lady aquarius (bette), metamorphosis

LinkBack