The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Advertisement Policy Change

This is a discussion on Advertisement Policy Change within the Caudata.org Announcements and News forums, part of the General Topics category; I created Caudata.org in 2001 as a community for people to exchange information, ideas and captive bred newts and salamanders. ...

Caudata.org Announcements and News Announcements, news and information about Caudata.org.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Chinadog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th June 2017   #1 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Default Advertisement Policy Change

I created Caudata.org in 2001 as a community for people to exchange information, ideas and captive bred newts and salamanders. For over 10 years the site was funded by the donations of its members Ė thank you!

For the past few years I have funded the site from my own pocket. After consulting with the admins, Iíve decided to implement Google Adsense advertising on the site on a trial basis to see if the siteís traffic will pay for its upkeep.

The Google advertisements will only appear on the forum, at least for the time being.

Thank you.

Old 25th June 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11
Default Re: Advertisement Policy Change

I think adverts on the net are just a fact of life these days, so much so that they don't really register with me any more. If the adds provide a hassle free way of keeping the site and forum online I think it's a small price to pay in the end, better than no site at all.

Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2017   #3 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Default Re: Advertisement Policy Change

I fixed an issue with the menu bar. The dropdown menu options were going behind the top advert. Please continue the feedback!

LinkBack