The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Poll: Should Caudata.org include forums for the other Amphibians?

This is a discussion on Poll: Should Caudata.org include forums for the other Amphibians? within the Caudata.org Announcements and News forums, part of the General Topics category; I vote NO to having specific "other" species section. If you need advice concerning other species...there could be a general ...

Caudata.org Announcements and News Announcements, news and information about Caudata.org.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th October 2004   #61 (permalink)

Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: al has started on the right path

I vote NO to having specific "other" species section. If you need advice concerning other species...there could be a general "Off-toppic" section. Now how many caudate enthusiest will pass up any opportunity to enlighten others on "other" species' topics? BTW...I have a question concerning my son's turtle and daughter's pet rat....sorry got carried awayClick the image to open in full size.

al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004   #62 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: colin has started on the right path

Here's a good example...

I was brought to this site by a link posted in XFrogs (a yahoo group) regarding the pictures that Paris posted with her Pipa pipa in amplexus and spawning etc. So it was a froggy link that brought me here, at the time i had no caudates, now i have 9 various sized tanks of them!

colin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004   #63 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Rep: TJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

The only anurans I'm interested in are those that share habitats with caudates I'm interested in, which pretty much rules out dart frogs and the like. In fact, I'm interested in anything that shares a rice paddy or a pond with an Asian newt or salamander Click the image to open in full size. But I really have no desire to discuss frogs or share pictures of them with people who don't share my interest in caudates. If the anurans section disappeared here, I highly doubt I'd go elsewhere. As long as it remains low-key, I say lets keep it!

(hehe....looks like i've voted twice)

TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004   #64 (permalink)
alan

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Voting twice now seems to be in order. Click the image to open in full size.

So I vote yes.

Again.

Old 26th October 2004   #65 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: dot has started on the right path

In the same vein as Al's post, could the "other" topics be placed in the "General Discussion" forum or possibly at the bottom of the Species-specific forums? That way they'd still be available for those who want them and out of the way/off the main page for those who wish to present a caudate-only forum. And I have to say, although I browse those sections infrequently, I do enjoy reading/learning about frogs/toads and caecilians. Click the image to open in full size.

dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004   #66 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Things should be thought through and then decisions made. Decisions shouldn't be made and later justified by any means. That is why I vote for John Kerry.

michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2004   #67 (permalink)
hayden

Gallery Images:
Comments:

In case this wasnt said...I think if we lost the other Amphibians Alot of frog posts would be bombarded onto the caudate section...Also, Where would me and pin have to post about our toads?Click the image to open in full size.

Old 30th October 2004   #68 (permalink)
r

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Most caudatans are rather hard to maintain in FL.
I keep far more anurans than caudatans. I'll have to vote

YES re anuran content.

Old 30th October 2004   #69 (permalink)
benjamin

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Yes!!

Old 30th October 2004   #70 (permalink)
carl

Gallery Images:
Comments:

i dont keep any anurans but what the heck ya might as well if ya dont like it just dont read it i wont but its good for people who keep anurans so YES

Old 31st October 2004   #71 (permalink)
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Well, this has run over the week and the "yes" vote has well-beaten the "no" vote. Therefore the other topics will remain. Thank you everyone for taking part.

Tags
amphibians, caudataorg, forums, include, poll

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 8th December 2017, 02:47 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.
LinkBack