The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Poll: Should Caudata.org include forums for the other Amphibians?

This is a discussion on Poll: Should Caudata.org include forums for the other Amphibians? within the Caudata.org Announcements and News forums, part of the General Topics category; We'll let this run for a week. Please vote "yes" or "no" clearly and then explain your reasoning if you ...

Caudata.org Announcements and News Announcements, news and information about Caudata.org.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd October 2004   #1 (permalink)
nate

Gallery Images:
Comments:

We'll let this run for a week. Please vote "yes" or "no" clearly and then explain your reasoning if you wish. I'll start:

"No"

I do not want to see us inch towards an all-inclusive site for amphibians. Don't get me wrong, I love and keep frogs and caecilians too, but there's already plenty of sites/forums for them. What we do here is pretty special, in my opinion, and I'd like to see it remain purely caudate.

Old 22nd October 2004   #2 (permalink)
david

Gallery Images:
Comments:

No, no, a thousand times no

Old 22nd October 2004   #3 (permalink)
jesper

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Well, I want this to be caudates exclusively.
"no"

(Message edited by jesper on October 22, 2004)

Old 22nd October 2004   #4 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Definite no in my opinion. This is caudata.org, and I think the name should continue reflect the content.
~Mike

michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2004   #5 (permalink)
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

If I wanted to take over the world I think I would start amphibia.org (.com.net.tv.name.cn.lalalala).

The only reason we have Anura and Gymnophiona topics is to cater for those people who might also keep a frog or something and wish to discuss it here too. I am not seeking to pull usership from other sites, nor am I attempting to turn this into the aforementioned amphibia.com.

So where's the problem?

I vote "let's keep them as they are right now and that's it". I would even be fine with sticking a note on each of them saying "if you're really interested in these, go to http://www.goodplaceforfrogs.com" or some such site.

YES.

Old 22nd October 2004   #6 (permalink)
yago

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I do keep mantellas and xenopus and caudata.org is the only forum I used. So, I will enjoy this complement as a secondary option of my hobby. Even at Gersfeld, a few CB frogs and toads are offered.
I will disagree if you add a forum of dogs though...haha
greetings

Old 22nd October 2004   #7 (permalink)
alan

Gallery Images:
Comments:

All the friends I have made through Caudata.org keep a mixture of anurans and caudates, as do I.
None of the "frog" sites I have seen give such good quality advice as Caudata.org (EdK, Mike East, SergeB, take a bow).
It would be a pity if Caudata.org went all elitist.
I vote yes.

Old 22nd October 2004   #8 (permalink)
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

3 yes, 4 no so far.

Old 22nd October 2004   #9 (permalink)
hayden

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Yes, Like Alan said, Alot of the other frog forums don't give as good of advice as the caudata frog forums...

Old 22nd October 2004   #10 (permalink)
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I'm thinking of getting some Bombina orientalis... Click the image to open in full size.

Old 22nd October 2004   #11 (permalink)
shaun

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I vote NO. If anything, there should be one forum for anurans, and one forum for caecilians. All of the new sub topics are making the other amphibian sections almost as expansive as the caudata forums.

Old 22nd October 2004   #12 (permalink)
yago

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I got 4 juveniles of bombina maxima! They are gorgeous and great. I've never since any juvenile as funny and hungry after cricketsClick the image to open in full size.

Old 22nd October 2004   #13 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 1
Rep: morg is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmorg is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmorg is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmorg is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmorg is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmorg is a mainstay of Caudata.org

I vote yes.
I do not think that the other amphibians section detracts at all from the rest of the sites contents.
As already said, a lot of caudate keepers also keep frogs or toads, and the advice handed out on the anura section of caudata.org is second to none.

www.punkradiocast.com/
morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2004   #14 (permalink)
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

4 yes, 5 no.

Old 22nd October 2004   #15 (permalink)
mark

Gallery Images:
Comments:

i say yes to keep it
in the ned you don't have to look at it if you don't want, and it's interesting to look at some of the articles , like paris's pipa pipa breeding stuff.i didn't care about it but it was interesting to see the other types of breeding and funny to see those ugly things humping.
but anyway i'm off the point

YES, YES, YES

Old 22nd October 2004   #16 (permalink)
jennifer

Gallery Images:
Comments:

My vote is "no". But if those "other" amphibians are here to stay, I have a suggestion. Could you put the frog and caecilian forums in a different colour? (Notice, John, that I spelled "colour" just for you.)Click the image to open in full size.

Now that there is a frog "Photo Gallery" I would like to be able to distinguish it, at a glance, from the REAL Photo Gallery!

Old 22nd October 2004   #17 (permalink)
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Define colour - what do you mean, the text or what?

They're not here to stay. This isn't over until the poll is over. I'll abide by whatever decision is collectively reached.

Old 22nd October 2004   #18 (permalink)
foster

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I vote no. At best the site is good as is (as far as other amphibians are concerned) but I would prefer to keep it predominantly caudate oriented. My 2 cents.

Old 23rd October 2004   #19 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: mike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Caudata.org is the definitive site for tailed amphibians, with useful information in the Anuran sections.

It's your choice if you want to access it, you don't have to "channel hop".

YES

(There's only one way to spell colour Jen).Click the image to open in full size.

Old 23rd October 2004   #20 (permalink)
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Foster, no one is proposing making it an "all amphibians" forum or site. That'll never happen.

Tags
amphibians, caudataorg, forums, include, poll

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 7 (Set)

Ezequiel Nahuel, J21Kickster, Jadore axolotl, Jake, Jimmyg, pete, xenopus
LinkBack