The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

IMPORTANT: Everyone please read

This is a discussion on IMPORTANT: Everyone please read within the Caudata.org Announcements and News forums, part of the General Topics category; On Friday December 9th 2005 (5 days from now), Axolotl.org's server will be changing. It'll be going onto completely new ...

Caudata.org Announcements and News Announcements, news and information about Caudata.org.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th December 2005   #1 (permalink)
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:
Default IMPORTANT: Everyone please read

On Friday December 9th 2005 (5 days from now), Axolotl.org's server will be changing. It'll be going onto completely new and upgraded hardware, and it'll be moving to a different geographical location. Unfortunately, this could lead to downtime of at least 24 hours this coming Friday. I am not exactly sure what the time will be - it might be less than an hour or it could be 2 days. Here's hoping for the former.

The implications for you as a user of the Caudata.org forum is that Caudata.org will also be moving some time in the near future (not this week). At that time, any posts you make on or around the day before may disappear when its new server goes up (because they may not port the exact copy that will be on the old server). Consequently, I'm considering disabling posting a day before that time rolls around until the move is complete, rather than have people complaining about lost posts beyond my control. If you have any thoughts on this, please let me know in this thread.

Old 5th December 2005   #2 (permalink)
jennifer

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Thanks for the heads-up, and good luck with the logistics, John! One suggestion: you might want to post a separate announcement somewhere in the axolotl forums, as a great many of the users there never read anything over here. It does seem to make sense to disable posting on the forum move date.

Old 9th December 2005   #3 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: TJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Yeah, disabling posting also seems to me the best way to go about it.

TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
important, read

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 0 (Set)

There are no names to display.
LinkBack