The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Caudata.org 2008 Calendar Photo Competition

This is a discussion on Caudata.org 2008 Calendar Photo Competition within the Caudata.org Announcements and News forums, part of the General Topics category; i have been trying to submit some pictures but the emails keep getting returned. can someone give me the address ...

Caudata.org Announcements and News Announcements, news and information about Caudata.org.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th October 2007   #41 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 2
Comments: 0
Rep: g_k has given consistently good advice and informationg_k has given consistently good advice and informationg_k has given consistently good advice and information

i have been trying to submit some pictures but the emails keep getting returned. can someone give me the address again or some other way of submitting them. i know its last min :)

g_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2007   #42 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 898
Comments: 26
Rep: Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11

Hmmm... well there havn't been any new entries for over a week and I've just sent a test email and it hasn't arrived. The address is photocomp@caudata.org

John - are you able to see if there's a problem?

Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2007   #43 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 21
Comments: 1
Rep: ravenous has given consistently good advice and informationravenous has given consistently good advice and informationravenous has given consistently good advice and informationravenous has given consistently good advice and information

I sent in 3 new pics a week ago and they were never added, I assume they never came in?

Old 13th October 2007   #44 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Rep: andrew is a mainstay of Caudata.organdrew is a mainstay of Caudata.organdrew is a mainstay of Caudata.organdrew is a mainstay of Caudata.organdrew is a mainstay of Caudata.organdrew is a mainstay of Caudata.organdrew is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Mine didn't get through either....kept coming back

andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2007   #45 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 2
Rep: g_k has given consistently good advice and informationg_k has given consistently good advice and informationg_k has given consistently good advice and information

maybe the inbox is full? id still like to submit some photos. i took a couple of pictures of my friends dart frogs that i like.

g_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2007   #46 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Rep: coendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_k View Post
maybe the inbox is full? id still like to submit some photos. i took a couple of pictures of my friends dart frogs that i like.
Dart frogs won't be accepted, as this is a caudata only calendar.

I've send in my photos too, I wonder if they arrived?

coendeurloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2007   #47 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: ravenous has given consistently good advice and informationravenous has given consistently good advice and informationravenous has given consistently good advice and informationravenous has given consistently good advice and information

Shouldnt these problems/concerns be addressed before the comp ends?

Old 14th October 2007   #48 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: coendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.org

It bounced back to my hotmail. Shouldn't it be easier to set up a free gmail account for this? If hosting is a real problem we could even use a free service like yousendit.com.

Old 15th October 2007   #49 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Rep: tdimler has given consistently good advice and informationtdimler has given consistently good advice and informationtdimler has given consistently good advice and informationtdimler has given consistently good advice and information

Mark,

I too sent entries on Thursday.....and I assume they didn't arrive.

Travis

tdimler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2007   #50 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Rep: Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11

OK, time for plan B. The last entry received to the photocomp address was from Jay Sommers on the 2nd October at 06:37. Anyone who sent an entry after this time should re-send to my web mail account:

aartse_tuyn at hotmail.com.

I have all of the entries submitted before this date. There is an attachment limit of 10mb on hotmail so please bear this in mind when sending multiple photos. If missing entries could be sent as soon as possible it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for your patience and wonderful photos. All eligible entries will be uploaded to the calendar comp area of the gallery over the next few days and judging will be conducted by a panel of moderators.

Old 15th October 2007   #51 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

There has always been an unlimited quota on that account. Perhaps one of you could actually post what the bounced mail says instead of being unhelpfully vague? I can't fix something unless I know what the problem is.

Old 15th October 2007   #52 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: tdimler has given consistently good advice and informationtdimler has given consistently good advice and informationtdimler has given consistently good advice and informationtdimler has given consistently good advice and information

John,

I sent entries, but never got a returned mail....just so you know. I have just sent them to Mark's e-mail above. Hopefully this works.

Travis

Old 15th October 2007   #53 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:

My test mail got a fairly generic delay message:

Reporting-MTA: dns;bay0-omc3-s36.bay0.hotmail.com
Received-From-MTA: dns;BLU106-W11
Arrival-Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 12:33:47 -0700
Final-Recipient: rfc822;photocomp@caudata.org
Action: delayed
Will-Retry-Until: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 12:33:49 -0700

I can confirm I've had entries from Juraj, Coen and Travis so far today. Thanks.

Old 15th October 2007   #54 (permalink)

Nationality:

Mine too, it did't say anything about the disk being full or anything so I didn't state it before.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE. Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed. photocomp@caudata.org

Reporting-MTA: dns;bay0-omc3-s4.bay0.hotmail.com
Received-From-MTA: dns;BLU115-W24
Arrival-Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 18:45:37 -0700

Final-Recipient: rfc822;photocomp@caudata.org
Action: delayed
Will-Retry-Until: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 18:45:53 -0700

Old 15th October 2007   #55 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

That's bizarre. I simply can't explain it. Please continue sending your photos to Mark - I don't have an alternative right now.

Old 20th October 2007   #56 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:

The competition is closed to new entries from now. Please don't submit any more as we're in the process of judging. Thanks!

Old 21st October 2007   #57 (permalink)

Nationality:

Damn I wanted to send one more, I thought this would end on a sunday.

On another note, wasnt there a limit to submissions? I see alot from some Hank dude. If I knew we could send so much I woulda sent 20 as well

Old 31st October 2007   #58 (permalink)

Nationality:

Any results yet?

Old 31st October 2007   #59 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

I haven't posted my judging results to Mark yet so I'm holding the process up .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdimler View Post
Any results yet?

Old 31st October 2007   #60 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

Yes you're right but quite frankly I anticipated more quality entries than last year and I was sorely disappointed (no offense to anyone). I'm not going to hold it against Henk that he takes very good photos and is willing to share them with us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenous View Post
Damn I wanted to send one more, I thought this would end on a sunday.

On another note, wasnt there a limit to submissions? I see alot from some Hank dude. If I knew we could send so much I woulda sent 20 as well

Tags
2008, calendar, caudataorg, competition, photo

LinkBack