The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

US Caudata.org meeting?

This is a discussion on US Caudata.org meeting? within the Caudata.org Announcements and News forums, part of the General Topics category; You know I've thought about this and I have come to the conclusion that it would be better to have ...

Caudata.org Announcements and News Announcements, news and information about Caudata.org.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th July 2007   #21 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

You know I've thought about this and I have come to the conclusion that it would be better to have something sooner, preferably in the "Fall"/Autumn. IAD is nice and all but my gut is telling me "who needs them?" (not in a bad way, just in an assertive "let's do this" kind of way).

I have a number of questions to ask:

1) There are some major enthusiasts whose presence would mean a great deal, particularly since they might be able to bring numbers of CB offspring of various species (Dave Nash springs to mind, so does Michael Shrom, and there are others). Are these people open to attending? What are your preferences for where and when?

2) I would like to have some lectures and discussion. Think "mini" (or not so mini?) version of Gersfeld. In English of course, and probably with less facial hair and fewer BMWs .

3) Suggestions of venues and of course I am sure we'll have to pay for this, unless of course someone happens to own a chain of hotels or something .

I would very much like this to happen and perhaps even become an annual event...

Old 30th July 2007   #22 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: dln is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgdln is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgdln is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgdln is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgdln is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgdln is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default I'll probably put togeather something again come the Fall

Maybe talk Nate, Jen and Paris into showing up. I don't think Tim will be back in the US this year, but it was a fun gathering last year. Any excuse to fire up the grill, drink some wine and talk.

dln is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caudataorg, meeting

LinkBack