The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Yahoo killed the site again

This is a discussion on Yahoo killed the site again within the Caudata.org Announcements and News forums, part of the General Topics category; It was yahoo. I think I've shored up the holes this time but only time will tell. I'm not ruling ...

Caudata.org Announcements and News Announcements, news and information about Caudata.org.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th July 2007   #1 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Default Yahoo killed the site again

It was yahoo. I think I've shored up the holes this time but only time will tell. I'm not ruling out it happening again.

Old 16th July 2007   #2 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Let's watch that Yahoo number at the bottom of the topics page and hope it falls to zero...

Old 16th July 2007   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 7
Comments: 30
Rep: i_love_necturus has given good advice and informationi_love_necturus has given good advice and informationi_love_necturus has given good advice and information

Lets hope so...

What a pain huh?

i_love_necturus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2007   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: peter81965 has shown reliable knowledgepeter81965 has shown reliable knowledge

Too true!
being quite new to the world of amphibians I didn't realise how addictive it was and how much I was using the site. Apparently yesterday evening i was pacing, delerious screaming 'WHERE'S MY NEWT SITE GONE!

peter81965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2007   #5 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

Peter, rest assured that you weren't the only one. My only saving grace is that during the week, I'm out in the woods and don't have access to a computer (or anything of any technological importance), and must break my addiction weekly.

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2007   #6 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 2
Comments: 3
Rep: Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11

I catch pretty much every bit of downtime on this site because I am constantly on here reading. My post count isn't as high as Kaysie's but the amount of times I visit must be truly impressive It is this site that keeps me from blowing my savings on newts and getting me a severe tongue lashing by my girlfriend...

Abrahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2007   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11
Talking

Yep, I was lost too ...I sit here quietly reading the posts, as the children create chaos around me..its my oasis of peace! Sunday was hell..even my 4 year old asked me why I wasn't looking at amphibians. They knew all was well when I found the site up and running this morning..but I had to do some work! Thanks all for making me feel more 'normal'!

bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007   #8 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

And verily did John decree that the beast known as the "Slurp Spider" be banished from the realm and lo it was so and peace and stability reigned throughout the land:

"Visitors (404), Google Spiders (3), MSNBot Spiders (13), AskJeeves Spiders (2)"

Note the lack of Yahoo. Death unto the Capitalist Profit Engines that pervade our beloved Internet! (That includes you, Microsoft, if that number gets much higher)

Whoops, let my true colours show there for a mo. You ain't see this...

Last edited by John; 17th July 2007 at 01:20. Reason: Disclaimer: I'm not red in case anyone was wondering.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007   #9 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: peter81965 has shown reliable knowledgepeter81965 has shown reliable knowledge

I knew it , John! all caudate lovers are anarchists at heart! that's what draws us to these natural adepts of guile and subterfuge!

peter81965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2007   #10 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

Peter, I'm all for enthusiasm but I was inferring communism, not anarchy. Completely unrelated schools of thought. In any case, I'm neither, hence the disclaimer.

Old 17th July 2007   #11 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 7
Comments: 30
Rep: i_love_necturus has given good advice and informationi_love_necturus has given good advice and informationi_love_necturus has given good advice and information

Peter I am a "caudate love" and I know I'm not an anarchist (or communist ) in any way.

i_love_necturus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
killed, site, yahoo

LinkBack