The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Caudata.org Blog

This is a discussion on Caudata.org Blog within the Caudata.org Announcements and News forums, part of the General Topics category; I finally got sick of waiting for vBulletin.com to finish their blog software and so I've made this: http://johnblog.caudata.org Why? ...

Caudata.org Announcements and News Announcements, news and information about Caudata.org.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th August 2007   #1 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Default Caudata.org Blog

I finally got sick of waiting for vBulletin.com to finish their blog software and so I've made this:
http://johnblog.caudata.org
Why? Have a read and find out.

Old 10th August 2007   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11

Had a look ..but I still have no idea what this blogging thing is!...but will keep looking to find out , Photo looked like what my family and I ware doing along the north wales coast last week!!

bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2007   #3 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 2
Comments: 3
Rep: Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11Abrahm goes to 11

Blogging is the verb form of the word blog which was created by the synthesis of web and log. The content and purpose of blogs runs the gamut between news sources, online personal journals, political diatribes and everything in between. They are interesting in that the owner can easily post different stories or articles and these can be garnished by adding comments. It's rather like a forum where only one person can make original posts and everyone else can make comments.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | Dawn's Blog
Abrahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2007   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11

Thank you so much for that imfo..I now think its a briliant idea then..now off to impress everty one with my knowledge of blog!

bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2007   #5 (permalink)
AJC
(ajc)
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: ajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Everybody who is anybody is blogging these days ;-)

http://frogroom-podcast.blogspot.com/

ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2007   #6 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Is everyone advertising in their blogs too?

Old 14th August 2007   #7 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

I probably come off more snitty than I really meant to! Sorry!

Old 15th August 2007   #8 (permalink)
AJC
(ajc)
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:
Rep: ajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

No problem John, I respect your stance with respect to adverts on Caudata.org.
My feeling is that advertizing is everywhere, TV, radio, billboards, internet. We need to learn (and teach) how to filter the information intelligently.

ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2007   #9 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

I think I understand where you're coming from on this matter but some of us (I would think you are one?) remember the days when there was no advertising on the Internet. It was a much smaller entity but when you found a page that interested you it generally didn't involve dealing with popups, spyware (almost all of which is advertising-related/caused) and more conventional banner advertisements.

I miss those days, but thanks to donors like yourself we can retain some sense of that on this site.

Old 15th August 2007   #10 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

New Entry Today.

http://johnblog.caudata.org/

Old 22nd August 2007   #11 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Rep: coendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.orgcoendeurloo is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Nice blog and interesting article about Ken Livingstone, I had no idea!

coendeurloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2007   #12 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 9
Comments: 0
Rep: MRIGUY has given consistently excellent advice and informationMRIGUY has given consistently excellent advice and informationMRIGUY has given consistently excellent advice and informationMRIGUY has given consistently excellent advice and informationMRIGUY has given consistently excellent advice and information

Thanks for the clarification. I consider myself rather with it but Blogging just somehow eluded me. I thought it was too easy for it to just be an online journal/diary but as it turns out I was once again wrong. I need to talk with my eight year old more so she can teach me these things.

MRIGUY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blog, caudataorg

LinkBack