The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

New Caudata.org Logo

This is a discussion on New Caudata.org Logo within the Caudata.org Announcements and News forums, part of the General Topics category; Alright, if you are not seeing "The Newt and Salamander Portal" in text under "Caudata.org" then you are not looking ...

Caudata.org Announcements and News Announcements, news and information about Caudata.org.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th June 2008   #21 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Default Re: New Caudata.org Logo

Alright, if you are not seeing "The Newt and Salamander Portal" in text under "Caudata.org" then you are not looking at the latest version of the logo. Load this link and then click "reload" or "refresh" in your browser:

http://www.caudata.org/images/Caudat..._June_2008.jpg

Old 29th June 2008   #22 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 898
Comments: 26
Rep: Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11

I like the new logo very much. The size, style and position of it is much better than before. I probably fall into the camp of people that feel the banner as a whole is a bit busy with too much of a newt jamboree at the edges (the verrucosus looks like it should have a rugby ball tucked under it’s arm ). I really like the misty forest background in the middle – IMO a wide angle shot of that forest and the text in the middle would be enough to get my imagination going.

Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2008   #23 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

More thoughts please.

Old 29th June 2008   #24 (permalink)
Salamandra Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: benw is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgbenw is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgbenw is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgbenw is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgbenw is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgbenw is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

John
I personally think its spot on.

We could go on all day wanting to see a species on there one of us keeps.
Its a great improvement and, as Mark says, the forest type view in the centre evokes many thoughts of field herping.

Nice one

Ben

benw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2008   #25 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 3
Rep: blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11blueberlin goes to 11

The transition on the right from forest to pond is a bit rough (green stripe). Perhaps the salamander's tail in the foreground?

blueberlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2008   #26 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

I think the verrucosus is a bit swallowed up by the tiger sal's gills, which does not do it justice. Verrucosus is a beautiful species, and shouldn't be hidden by another.

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2008   #27 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

And the texanum looks like it's hissing. lol.

Old 29th June 2008   #28 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Steve Roman is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSteve Roman is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSteve Roman is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSteve Roman is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSteve Roman is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSteve Roman is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Yes, it is sweet and nicely done.

Steve Roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2008   #29 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

I will make further efforts to please.

Old 29th June 2008   #30 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Daym has started on the right path

i think you need a european sal or newt in there !

Daym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2008   #31 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:

Just so you know, I LOVE the texanum photo. In fact, you should change the entire site just to Ambystomatids.

Old 30th June 2008   #32 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

Regarding the European species point: I'll keep that in mind - if I have an appropriate photo I will use it, though it might end up being a "Near Eastern" species. I will be replacing the Tylototriton verrucosus because I'm not happy with it.

Re: changing the texanum as raised in the moderator forum: I feel the same way as Kaysie!

Old 30th June 2008   #33 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:

OK, if you don't see a Fire Salamander left of the "Caudata.org" then you are not looking at the latest version of the logo. Load this link and then click "reload" or "refresh" in your browser:

http://www.caudata.org/images/Caudat..._June_2008.jpg

Now what do you think?

Old 30th June 2008   #34 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 33
Comments: 7
Rep: Daniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgDaniel is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

I like the Firesalamander - and I like the change. Can't we have another logo every day?

Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008   #35 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Comments: 1
Rep: Saspotato is a mainstay of Caudata.orgSaspotato is a mainstay of Caudata.orgSaspotato is a mainstay of Caudata.orgSaspotato is a mainstay of Caudata.orgSaspotato is a mainstay of Caudata.orgSaspotato is a mainstay of Caudata.orgSaspotato is a mainstay of Caudata.org

I have liked them all, pretty much equally :) A new one each day would be pretty cool but that would make a lot of work for you John I imagine!

Saspotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008   #36 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 4
Rep: louise is a mainstay of Caudata.orglouise is a mainstay of Caudata.orglouise is a mainstay of Caudata.orglouise is a mainstay of Caudata.orglouise is a mainstay of Caudata.orglouise is a mainstay of Caudata.org

I like it, it's nice, but I can't for the life of me spot the verrucosus:have you removed it already??

louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008   #37 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

I like it very much, really, but since youre asking for constructive criticism, ill say that all of those are salamanders....where are the newts????
I like the fire salmander better, there was no representation of europe before :P

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008   #38 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by louise View Post
the verrucosus:have you removed it already??

Yes; it was where the fire sal is.

Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008   #39 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

Elektra says that those two gigantic newts on the right could be smaller, and a picture of her could easily be inserted. Also, I think Jen was on to something about making them all a bit more appropriately sized in relation to each other. Now every time I look at it I think about the disproportionate sizes. But aren't you sick of all these nitpicky opinions already?

Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008   #40 (permalink)
Ambystoma Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 11
Rep: dane_zu has given consistently good advice and informationdane_zu has given consistently good advice and informationdane_zu has given consistently good advice and information

It looks amazing John, very nice work.

Tags
caudata.org, caudataorg, logo

LinkBack